Imago Temporis Medium Aevum was founded in 2007 by the Consolidated Medieval Studies Research Group 'Space, Power and Culture' of Lleida University. Its aim is to contribute to the renewal of research on the medieval period by means of the following features:
- Understanding medieval society in a global and overarching way, beyond current academic divisions, by publishing unedited research articles covering different fields within Medieval Studies.
- The journal departs from the premise that research, in the current context, will benefit from unpublished contributions based on the study of diverse sources (to which is dedicated the section “The past studied and measured”, with nine articles per issue); an ongoing analysis of methodologies, methods, and historiographical tendencies (to which is dedicated the section “The past interrogated and unmasked”, with four articles per issue); and a continually updated reflection on the ways and forms of scientific dissemination and knowledge transfer to society (to which is dedicated the section “The past explained and recreated”, with two articles per issue).
- In order to ensure that a rigorous level of quality is maintained, all articles submitted for consideration are subject to blind peer review by at least two leading experts who are not part of the editorial board of the journal. If necessary, dialogue will be established with the authors, and the editorial board will make sure that no article is accepted for publication until it meets the qualitative requirements specified by the referees.
- The journal puts great emphasis on a global approach and, consequently, on the promotion of internationalisation. In order to maintain a geographical balance we seek to ensure that no more than half of the articles published in any issue proceed from the same country.
- To facilitate the journal's internationalisation, English has been chosen as the common academic language. All articles are therefore published in English. If an article was originally written in another language and subsequently translated into English, the journal will publish, as well as the English version, also the original version of the text (set apart in an appendix), if requested by the author. This will ensure maximum accuracy of the original text and the language employed.
- All articles are accompanied by an abstract and keywords. In order to reflect the lingua franca of both the present and the period under consideration, all keywords are published in two languages, English and Latin.
- The journal is published once annually within the corresponding year of each issue. It is published simultaneously in paper and electronically in free access.
- In order to promote the dissemination of the published articles, the editors of the journal pledge to endeavour continually to enhance the journal's visibility in data bases, indexations and quality assessment bodies. In each issue of the journal we will specify which of those indicators are guaranteed to reference the journal and the articles published in it.
- The editorial board, which consists of members of the Research Group that endorses the journal, together with external scholars, is responsible for the accomplishment of the journal's objectives and qualitative standards. The scientific board, which consists of outstanding foreign scholars, ensures that the journal maintains the highest academic standard in all aspects at all times. The members of this committee are exchanged periodically, so that no member forms part of the board for more than ten issues.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.